cgmopen-ms message

Subject: RE: [cgmopen-ms] Fwd: CGM Open Logo Gear

[About my previous message...]

Oops, I see that Carol suggested forwarding gear announcement to the CGMO
SC, whereas I forwarded to CGMO MS.  No harm done, I guess -- it seems at
least as appropriate for the general MS membership consideration.

At 07:08 PM 4/5/2005 +0200, Dieter__Weidenbruck wrote:
>cool.
>
>Quick question:
>Who designed, approved, and authorized the "CGM Open Logo" ?

Good question, and not a simple answer.  If you look at the
http://www.cgmopen.org home page, you'll see a logo upper-left.  This is
what is being used for gear.  If you go to any other MS (from left
nav-column), you'll see that all are a consistent style.

Where did it come from?  I believe it was Carol Geyer.  When/how?  Well, a
long time ago Carol engaged us (mostly me, and other SC/Directors
indirectly via me) in a discussion about it.  We were partial to our
original old logo, but she thought it served poorly (from marketing
perspective).

As I recall, rather than waste time and energy arguing about it, we just
went with her suggestion.  It was (as I recall) more a passive
acquiescence, than an active approval.

Any case, that's how I remember it.

Cheers,
-Lofton.