cgmopen-ms message

Subject: Major Milestone for WebCGM

CGM Open Member Section --

We achieved a significant milestone this week:  the simultaneous
publication in OASIS and W3C of the WebCGM 2.1 standard.

Many thanks to all of you for your membership support -- the resources
provided by MS memberships are critical to our success.  Additional thanks
to those who participated in the technical development.

You can find the respective OASIS and W3C versions here -- they have
identical technical content and differ only in editorial and formatting
details:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/webcgm/v2.1/os/webcgm-v2.1-index.html
http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/REC-webcgm21-20100301/

In addition to OASIS internal announcements of approval, publication was
highlighted in an article of the Cover Pages,
http://xml.coverpages.org/newsletter/news2010-03-09.html#cite3 ,
and was announced also on the W3C home page,
http://www.w3.org/ ,
http://www.w3.org/News/2010#entry-8743 .

Thanks again to all members,
-Lofton Henderson