cgmopen-ms message

Subject: New Functionality for WebCGM

CGMO MS Members --

We have been collecting requirements for new functionality for WebCGM. The Q4 technical forecast section of the last (2012/Q3) quarterly report [3] previewed this activity: "Survey and assess requirements for new WebCGM/CGM technical development, using TC and MS lists as well as the (new) LinkedIn WebCGM subgroup;" but that report preceded any preliminary results.

So far we have surveyed the WebCGM subgroup of the OASIS LinkedIn group [1], and informally the WebCGM TC. We posted the results to date on the WebCGM TC list [2].

We in the Steering Committee (SC) are interested in both any new items you think may have been overlooked, as well as any thoughts you have on the items that have been identified so far.

For its part, based on results so far, the SC believes that work should commence on the two items (XML encoding, and integrated drawing elements), both of which have arisen previously within the TC & MS.

Your feedback is welcome.

Regards,
-Lofton Henderson
(CGM Open Program Director)

[1] http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=4352885&trk=anet_ug_hm&goback=.gna_4352885 [2] https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/cgmo-webcgm/email/archives/201211/msg00001.html [3] https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/cgmopen-ms/download.php/47604/quarterly-2012Q3.pdf