cgmopen-ms message

Subject: Some next steps on your move to CGMO Foundation

As we get close to the end of you balloting period to formalize your decision to move your operations to the new CGM Open Foundation, allow me to point out a few process points to speed your transition:

1. If you haven't already done so, begin the process to formalize your new CGM Open Foundation.  We will need a established non-profit entity as recipient of your transferred assets.

2. The process by which we formally permit future development of existing OASIS Standards is described in the Liaison Policy.  Once the Member Section ballot closes affirmatively, we will work with the TC, giving them the right language for a motion.

3.  We expect a vote to close the TC, here too we will give proper language.  Do not invoke that, until the TC approves the spec submission to the new CGM Open Foundation.

4.  You can vote to close the Member Section, though that is not necessary because the Steering Committee is imminently below the minimum number of members with one member whose membership is past renewal and in a grace period awaiting closure of your ballot to transition.

hope that helps,

Scott...

--
Scott McGrath