cgmopen-ms message

Subject: Steps for closing a TC

Members of the CGM Open WebCGM TC,

I understand that the CGM Open WebCGM TC will be transitioning its work to a newly forming CGMO Foundation [1] and then closing. I am writing at the request of Scott McGrath to assist you in the steps for closing the TC. Jamie Clark will be in contact regarding transition of the work.

TC closing is covered in section 2.15 of the OASIS TC Process [2]. Whenever you are ready, all you need to do is pass a motion in a TC meeting or, alternatively, an electronic ballot by Full Majority Vote stating that the TC be closed. Here is sample ballot language that you can use if you wish:

- Ballot title: Approve closing the CGM Open WebCGM TC
- Ballot question: Do you approve closing the CGM Open WebCGM TC?

I note that the TC only has 3 voting members at this time. If achieving a vote proves difficult, you can simply send me, cc'ing the TC email list, a note stating that the TC has fallen below Minimum Membership and asking that I close it. I will then ask for any objections and if none are heard will proceed with the closure.

Again, this is for whenever you are ready. Meanwhile, if you have any questions related to this, please let me know.

===
[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/201309/msg00000.html

[2] https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#closingTC

--