/ Jon Bosak <bosak@boethius.eng.sun.com> was heard to say:
| [ndw@nwalsh.com:]
|
| | - I think the URL for DocBook should be on oasis-open, not xml.org.
|
| Bearing in mind that I'm offline and can't see what we're talking
| about, I think that we should make maximum use of the xml.org domain
| name.

That's fine by me, but does it mean that we'll be moving the mailing
lists from lists.oasis-open.org to lists.xml.org?

It seems odd to send mail to docbook@lists.oasis-open.org, read the
DocBook web pages at www.oasis-open.org/docbook, and view the web
archive of the mailing lits at xml.org.

| In my opinion that means that all references should be to
|
|    http://xml.org/...
|
| rather than
|
|    http://www.xml.org/...
|
| in order to make most effective use of the brand.  Shorter is better.

Yep. The www. part has always seemed a bit silly to me if you
have a domain name that exists only to provide web access.

                                        Cheers,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | DNA neither cares nor knows. DNA