Subject: Re: feedback requested

I agree with Lauren.  I think the answer to "Why has OASIS decided to
pursue this?" should be: OASIS as a whole hasn't; some OASIS members
have, and you should ask them why.

> The TAB would allocate available resources to the
> portfolios to encourage work that OASIS feels is important.

What resources are we talking about here?  Unlike the W3C say, where
each WG involves a commitment of resources from the W3C staff, OASIS TCs
currently require minimal resources from OASIS; it's the members
participating in the TC who provide all the resources.  If members
decide something is important, then they can propose a TC; if no members
think something is important, then it probably isn't very important.

The idea of a TAB providing centralized control does not appeal to me at
all. I would prefer to focus on improving information flow between TCs
to ensure that TCs are aware of the possibilities for collaboration and
coordinate with other TCs.

James