Subject: OASIS TC presentations at Orlando XML conference

Chairs:

A month or two ago I sent out email asking who would be interested in
presenting a status of their TC as part of an OASIS track at the XML 2001
Conference in Orlando in December. A number of you replied that you would be
interested in participating. Our intent was to have a set of presentations
to promote the technical work done here at OASIS.

The conference program committee has considered our proposal, but has
decided that while the individual presentations are valuable they should be
organized by topic rather than be grouped together under a single OASIS
track.

So, what I would like to ask is that if you are interested in presenting the
work of your TC at this conference you submit a proposal directly to the
conference program committee. (Lauren Wood, the conference chair, will be
following up this email with more details.)

I would very much like to see a good number of OASIS TCs making
presentations to this conference to let the world know about the technical
work taking place here. I encourage you to submit proposals and get on the
program.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations