Subject: FW: Point of Order

FYI, and a reminder and request for each of you to keep your list of
members current and posted on an on-going basis.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations
978.667.5115 x206

From: Karl F. Best [mailto:karl.best@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2001 9:50 AM
To: David Fischer; Ian. C. Jones (E-mail)
Cc: ebXML Msg
Subject: RE: Point of Order

Yes, please do this. The chair (or the TC's membership secretary, if so
delegated) should always know who the members of the TC are, and should
keep a current list on the TC web page. The membership requirements are
defined by the TC Process (see
http://oasis-open.org/committees/process.shtml) and can be summarized
as:

- To join an existing TC a person must 1) be an OASIS member, 2) notify
the chair of intent to participate, 3) wait for three meetings or 60
days. After that point the person is a voting member.

- To retain membership, the person must consistently attend two out of
three meetings. The chair (or can be delegated to the membership
secretary) should notify the person if s/he misses too many meetings,
and the chair should remove a person's membership if the person does not
begin regularly attending after the warning.

(So, David, you've sorta got it, but not quite :-)