Chairs:

It has been pointed out to me that the way I have been administering the
TC mail lists doesn't comply with the TC Process. I have been
encouraging TCs to allow OASIS members who are not TC members to
subscribe to the TC mail list, and treating this as the default. The TC
Process says, however, that a TC must vote to allow this, that by
default only TC members may subscribe (see section 1(i) of the Process).

I see benefits for allowing OASIS members in general to subscribe to the
TC list: it encourages wider participation, is easier for OASIS and the
TC chair to administer (we can approve subscriptions here), and is a
member benefit that OASIS advertises in our brochures. But each TC must
decide whether to allow this or not.

ACTION ITEM: I need each of you to let me know if your TC has passed a
resolution allowing OASIS members who are not TC members to subscribe to
the TC mail list. Please let me know as soon as possible.

If your TC does not vote to allow this, I will reconfigure the mail list
so that you (the chair) must approve subscribers, and I will remove
non-TC-members from the list. Note that I will need an accurate list of
TC members in order to do this.

If your TC does vote to allow this I will leave the list configured
as-is, so that OASIS staff approves subscription requests.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations
978.667.5115 x206