Subject: Re: OASIS TC meetings at Orlando conference

Apologies for the wrong subject line on the last post - not sure how that happened! So
here is the mail again, with the right subject line this time!

Karl Best wrote:
 > Chairs:
[...]
 > On Thursday and Friday OASIS will sponsor technical committee meetings.
 > We will provide meeting facilities for all OASIS TCs who choose to meet
 > that week. We urge all TCs to schedule meetings for these two days in
 > Orlando. OASIS TCs rarely get the chance to meet together, so this would
 > be an ideal opportunity for collaborative work. We've been making a big
 > effort lately to promote more collaborative work; I'm sure that you'll
 > agree how important it is for everyone to be meeting together to set up
 > liaisons, conduct joint technical discussions, and create plans for
 > on-going joint work.
 >
 > I've sent out a number of messages over the past few months to ask you
 > to start considering your plans for this conference; it's now time to
 > act. Please respond by 12 October to Dee Schur
 > (dee.schur@oasis-open.org), our conference coordinator, to let her know
 > that you will be holding a TC meeting, which day(s), whether full day or
 > half day, the expected number of attendees, and facilities required.
 > (While we prefer to see all TCs meeting together on Thursday and/or
 > Friday, if another day of that week would work better for your TC we
 > will try to accomodate that also.)

Please check the XML 2001 conference schedule at
http://www.xmlconference.org/xmlusa/2001/schedule.htm
when determining when you wish to hold your TC meeting; several talks are on OASIS TC
subjects and these talks are spread throughout the conference.

regards,

Lauren

--

Lauren Wood, Director of Product Technology, SoftQuad Software
Chair, XML 2001 - Information at www.xmlconference.org