Subject: [chairs] TC relationships

Chairs:

I'm starting a project to define and map the relationships of the OASIS
TCs to each other as well as to WGs and TCs of other organizations. The
purpose of this project is to add value to our technical work by
defining where our TCs fit into the overall industry standards picture,
identify holes and duplications, where relationships/liaisons need to be
established, etc. I would like to ask your help in this project.

1) Do you know of prior work in this area; have you, someone in your
organization, or other standards organizations that you have worked
with, done such an effort? I would like to see previous efforts both for
examples of how this is done, as well as information that I can use so
as not to duplicate effort.

2) I would like to get information for each of your TCs. Would you
please take just a couple minutes to respond to the following:

a. What other TCs or WGs, inside or outside of OASIS, does your TC have
liaison or other relationships with?

b. What specifications were or are being used as input for the work of
your TC? What organizations did those specifications originate from?

c. What other organizations/TCs/WGs are influenced by or are using your
TC's specifications?

d. What other organizations/TCs/WGs are doing similar or applicable work
to that of your TC?

thanks

</karl>
Karl F. Best