Subject: [chairs] reminder: quarterly submission schedule

Chairs:

This is to remind you of the schedule for submitting Committee
Specifications for consideration by the OASIS membership for approval as
OASIS Standards.

As stated in the OASIS TC Process, Committee Specifications should be
submitted to me 30 days before the start of a calender quarter. So, if
you've got a specification that you want to submit to OASIS members for
the winter calender quarter review and voting cycle then you need to get
it to me by the first of December, along with all the accompanying
materials specified by the TC Process (i.e. documentation,
certifications of implementation, etc.) and the IPR policy.

Note that the TC's decision to submit a Committee Specification to OASIS
is separate from the TC's approval of a spec as a Committee
Specification; submission to OASIS is not automatic for Committee
Specifications. So, it goes like this:

1. The TC votes to approve the spec as a Committee Specification. This
requires a 2/3 vote.

2. The TC votes to submit the Committee Specification to OASIS members
for consideration as an OASIS Standard.

3. The TC submits to me by the first of December the complete package of
information required by the TC Process (first paragraph of Section 2)
and the IPR.

You've got about a month to get this finished up. The deadline for the
following quarterly cycle is the first of March.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations
978.667.5115 x206