Subject: [chairs] OASIS copyright notice

OASIS TC and MS chairs:

Patrick and I have noted that the copyright statement in the OASIS IPR
Policy, section 4(c) uses a name other than our legal corporate name.

  "Copyright (C) The Organization for the Advancement of
  Structured Information Standards [OASIS] (date). All Rights
  Reserved."

This copyright statement should refer to the legal name of the
corporation, "OASIS Open". I asked our corporate counsel about this
and his reply was that we should consider this a typographical error
and simply make the change going forward.

So this should be changed to

  "Copyright (C) OASIS Open (date). All Rights Reserved."

I have had this changed on the IPR Policy on the web site at
http://www.oasis-open.org/who/intellectualproperty.shtml. Please ask
your TC editor to make this change in any copies of the spec that you
have not yet published; there is no need to change anything that has
already been published.

Norm and Eve: will you please change this in the spectools templates?

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations
+1 978.667.5115 x206