Subject: RE: [chairs] Oasis document identifiers - conclusion?

I was supposed to summarize the state of play and make a final
recommendation before the end of the year, but didn't get a chance.  I will
try to do that in the next couple of days.

	Eve

-----Original Message-----
From: Wachob, Gabe [mailto:gwachob@visa.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2002 4:57 PM
To: 'chairs@lists.oasis-open.org'

Hi fellow chairs:
	As we spin up the XRI TC, I'm trying to start off on the right foot
by fully leveraging the Oasis URN namespace for files/documents. I noticed a
thread on this very topic ("Unique OASIS document identifiers") ending the
middle of November 2002, but do not see a conclusion/decision.

	Is there any consensus? I see several proposals/models (such as the
SSTC naming scheme, and the model in the /spectools/ directory)...

	THANKS

	-Gabe