Subject: RE: [chairs] Oasis document identifiers - conclusion?

I agree with Drummond.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eve L. Maler [mailto:eve.maler@sun.com]
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 8:39 AM
To: chairs@lists.oasis-open.org

As far as I know these files will never be in the same area, but
general-to-specific is pretty much my reasoning for preferring the
latter...  Does anyone *disagree* with the second style shown below?

	Eve

Drummond Reed wrote:
 > Is this preferable?
>
>    draft-saml-bindings-05
>    draft-saml-bindings-06
>    cs-saml-bindings-01
>
> Or is this?
>
>    saml-draft-bindings-05
>    saml-draft-bindings-06
>    saml-cs-bindings-01
>
> Drummond replies:
>
> Classic database sorting decision. The latter makes the most sense. Imagine
> searching long lists of TC docs from many TCs. To have them grouped by TC
> seems a lot more intuitive than by status.
Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 354 9441
Web Technologies and Standards               eve.maler @ sun.com