Subject: [chairs] OASIS Kavi schedule - need info from chairs

OASIS TC Chairs:

I promised additional information about the Kavi implementation schedule
as soon as it became available. It's available :-) Note that I also need
some information from you sooner rather than later, and that there's a
couple opportunities for training.

Overview of schedule
-------------------
* Kavi system software is now being installed on the OASIS servers
* OASIS and Kavi staff will start importing company, member, and TC data
at the end of next week. We need your TC membership rosters ASAP (more
below) so that we can create accounts for all TC members.
* Kavi will provide training to OASIS TC chairs on 7 and 12 February
(more below).
* After the chair training we will ask that each of the TC chairs go
into the system to update TC-specific information including adding
members to the TC roster; this needs to be completed by the end of February.
* Launch of the system and cutover from our existing mail lists should
take place mid March.

Info needed
-----------------
URGENT: I NEED YOUR TC ROSTERS. A few days ago I told you that I
wouldn't need your TC membership rosters until shortly before the launch
in March. I lied -- or at least hadn't gotten the schedule fully put
together. To set up the Kavi system we'll start by creating companies
(organizational members), then people, then TCs, so before we can set up
the TCs we need to create the members to populate the TCs with.

Please send to me by Wednesday 22nd the roster of your TC members. I'll
need this in a spreadsheet or tab delimited file with the following
fields: firstname, lastname, company, email.

Training
----------
We've set up a couple of times for training, and tried to make them
different enough to give all geographies the opportunity to participate.
I need to have all TC chairs (or designate, perhaps the TC secretary)
participate in one of these. Each session will be a 90-120 minutes
webcast with concall allowing for asking questions. I'll send out more
details later but want to get these on your calendars.

    Friday 7 February, 6:00 am PT / 9 am ET
               -- best for east coast and Europe
    Wednesday 12 February, 1:00 pm PT / 4 pm ET
               -- best for west coast, Australia

More information as it becomes available. Feel free to ask questions;
I'll answer the best I can.

-Karl

Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS