Subject: status update

Chairs:

I informed you on Tuesday afternoon that we had backtracked from our
initial launch. After discussions with the folks at Kavi, and after
further configuration and testing of the system we have tentatively
scheduled another launch for tomorrow (Friday) evening. The timing is
deliberately over an evening and weekend to avoid any problems during
business hours. We'll have more details on this later.

In the meantime I'd like to remind you (again) to please update your TC
and SC rosters. We're getting quite a number of complaints from people
who can't post to the mail lists; this is because you haven't designated
them as members on your rosters. Jamie Clark will be following up with
you on this, and we'll be CC'ing you on replies to people who can't
post. If you have problems getting in to set up your roster please
remember first that until the relaunch we're using the
http://kavi.oasis-open.org URL (rather than www.oasis...). If you have
problems with your password please contact Scott McGrath.

We are aware of problems with the email archives. Thanks to all of you
who have taken the time to bring this to our attention. The problem has
to do with integrating the old archives from elistX into the new email
system running on the Kavi server. We're working on this and hope to
have this completed soon. Specific errors should be reported to Jeff Lomas.

Also, I'm ocassionally getting queries from TC vice-chairs and
secretaries and SC chairs regarding status, etc. I've been sending
status notes and Kavi information to just the chairs, and counting on
you to forward this information as appropriate to specific people in
your TCs who need to know. While it would be easy to send these out as
general announcements to all OASIS members we'd rather not innundate all
of members with this traffic; it's bad enough that I'm subjecting all of
you to this :-) We'll make a general announcement to the members when
the system is up and running and ready for them to get their passwords
and login.

I appreciate your patience through all of this, and apologize again for
this not going as smoothly as we had hoped. Other than specific
questions, which should go to the people I've listed above, please feel
free to contact me with concerns and I'll do my best to follow up.

-Karl

Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS
office  +1 978.667.5115 x206     mobile +1 978.761.1648
karl.best@oasis-open.org      http://www.oasis-open.org