Subject: Re: [chairs] IMPORTANT: need to set up your membership rosters

Karl Best wrote:
> Jeff:
>
> You're going to screw up other functionality if you call an observer a
> member. Only TC members should have the Member role. (And if someone is
> a long-time observer, and wants to contribute -- or at least you want
> them to be able to post messages, why don't they become a member?)
>
> -Karl

Well, as others have said, I need to be able to distinguish between long-time contributors who have chosen not to be elevated to voting status (2 of them, at present) and 40 other lurkers who are listed as observers.

There's a tension here between me screwing up the software, and the software screwing me up.  We need to have some way of distinguishing between non-voting contributors and lurkers.