Subject: Re: [chairs] initial review of OASIS TC Process changes

Karl,

I believe it's unfortunate you actually worked on both issues at the same time.
It would have been better if you first got buy in on the requirements or
motivations for changes, and *then* you proceeded to affect the changes in
the process document, based on what other people thought. This occurred to
me while I was trying to make sense of the changes in the PDF file as I
skimmed it. Once it occurred to me, I couldn't get it out of my mind, so in
fact what I did was to read and comment *only* on the .doc file.

I am afraid you will think I'm a nay sayer, because there appear to be a lot
of things that I don't agree with in that document. Please remember I have
been looking at it as an explanation of your motivation for making changes
to the Process document; and if I can't agree with your motivation I can't
agree with the changes either. Also, I'm not sure if the following is
clear in the dialog I engage with you in the document: in some cases I
don't totally disagree, but I find that the thought behind the expressed
need for change is not thought out enough; it's too raw, as it were, and I
don't like my steaks to walk to my table... ;)

Because your document is in a format for which there is no native editing
tool in the environment I work in, I have imported it into OpenOffice to work
on. I am including my response in an OpenOffice document. And because I
know there may be people who will not use OpenOffice as a matter of principle,
I am also including the result of exporting OpenOffice to that format.

My responses in OO are in red and Arial. I have no idea how they come through
in the other format...

BTW, I'm also cc'ing the Board on my response, since they are meeting tomorrow
and this is on the Agenda.