Subject: RE: [chairs] File naming conventions

> I have no recollection of encountering the term "change-bar."  Lawyers
> commonly use the term "redline" for exchanging revision to legal
> documents.
> Is that the same? Is "redline" more common?  In England they "blueline."

A change-bar is a vertical bar in the left margin indicating the lines in
question have changed. It is commonly used in place of character marked
changes, but could be used in addition. I believe in the context you were
referring to, change-bar was intended to mean any style of indication of
individual changes to a document.

Hal