Subject: Re: [chairs] Subtleties in the OASIS TC Member Attendance Rules

 > An alternative would be to officially legitimize the
 > pseudo-category "member, nonvoting" conferred by the Kavi
 > interface and say that (voting) members who don't attend two out
 > of every three meetings are automatically shifted into this
 > category so that they don't count towards a quorum.  The original
 > design deliberately prohibited nonvoters from posting, but I now
 > think that this may have been an unnecessary restriction.

No, let's not go there. There is, I believe, no way to differentiate
between a prospective member and a 'member, nonvoting'.

What I would like to see is for the Kavi process to follow the OASIS TC
process and not the other way around...

 > Having said that, I have to add that I'm not eager to continue
 > this discussion in email.  Process design issues have to be hashed
 > out face-to-face.

Or over the phone...

--
Eduardo Gutentag               |         e-mail: eduardo.gutentag@Sun.COM
Web Technologies and Standards |         Phone:  +1 510 550 4616 x31442