Subject: RE: [chairs] draft of TC Guidelines revision

In the section "Maintaining membership" (pp 17-18):

"A TC member must attend meetings and participate in voting regularly in order to retain membership. The TC chair or secretary should notify the person after he has failed to attend two out of three meetings or return two out of three ballots; the collaborative tools will send a reminder to the chair and secretary when a member has not attended two of the last three meetings."

I would change this to:

"A TC member must attend meetings and participate in voting regularly in order to retain membership.  The TC chair or secretary must notify the person after he has failed to attend any two out of the last three meetings or return any two out of last three ballots; the collaborative tools will send a reminder to the chair and secretary when a member has not attended two of the last three meetings.  If the member fails to attend the next meeting or return the next ballot after being notified, the TC chair or secretary should change the member's role to observer.  Note that in some circumstances, a member may be warned after consecutive meetings or votes, or may be warned immediately after attending or voting."

--
Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl F. Best [mailto:karl.best@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 3:22 PM
To: chairs@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [chairs] draft of TC Guidelines revision

Chairs, Secretaries:

I've been working on a revision of the TC Guidelines for the past few
weeks. Attached is a late draft which includes changes for the revision
of the TC Process as well as additions of Kavi user information. I'd
like to get feedback from you before I put this on the web page. Please
send me your comments and corrections soon so that I can get this
project wrapped up in the next week or so. I would especially like to
know of areas where I haven't covered (or adequately covered) a topic.

-Karl

Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS
office  +1 978.667.5115 x206     mobile +1 978.761.1648
karl.best@oasis-open.org      http://www.oasis-open.org