Subject: Re: [chairs] Individual members representation?

Hmm - good points.  I like the idea of setting up a list for these folks to
create community, test to see if there are common interests, and to create a
fertile group for them to get organized and see what if anything they desire
(including simply to field a candidate if they like).  Any formal request
for a change in board structure along the proposed lines would more
naturally come from, and be the result of, such a group process.  Nice and
simple.  (Personally, I think they'd be wise to seek such an outcome).

I don't see why not an OASIS list - it seems like a relevant and official
sort of activity to me.

Incidentally, I just used the term "indie" because I'd been typing on my
blackberry and would do anything to shorten words - not because I meant to
imply independance.

Thanks,
 - Dan