Subject: RE: [chairs] Virus sent to your list in forged email?

We just had one sent "from" a member (Max Voskub). It is a known virus, with the message body ending in "Test, yep". You can only get infected by executing one of the attachments. I think this one fakes the origin by taking an address from your address book, so the one in your name probably came from someone who has your name in their address book.
-----Original Message-----
From: Wachob, Gabe [mailto:gwachob@visa.com]
Sent: Tue 20-Jan-04 4:20
To: Chairs (E-mail)
Subject: [chairs] Virus sent to your list in forged email?

Chairs-

Has anyone else had forged email with a virus attachment sent to your email list over the last 24 hours?

I don't believe the email to the XRI list purportedly from me was actually sent from my machine since I believe my machine was off at the time the email was apparently sent. Also, there is no evidence that anybody else in my address book received such an email.

Just trying to nail this down. Thanks.

    -Gabe