Subject: Re: [chairs] Short URLs, NOW...PLEASE...!!!

Matt,

If you make the document public you can use the shorter
"backdoor" path:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/4384/ebMSv3-Whitepaper.doc

Where ../committees/.. replaces the long Kavi goup path.

DW.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 9:44 AM
Subject: [chairs] Short URLs, NOW...PLEASE...!!!

When using the OASIS document template in MS word, my Document location on page one wraps because of the stupid URL path that Kavi uses. Can we get an interim solution that uses Apache's rewrite module to rewrite:

http://www.oasis-open.org/doc/ebxml-msg/4384/ebMSv3-Whitepaper.doc

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ebxml-msg/download.php/4384/ebMSv3-Whitepaper.doc

I would rather take a look at how Kavi stores documents in its repository, and make a handler to shorten the URL, resulting in URLs like:

http://www.oasis-open.org/doc/ebxml-msg/ebMSv3-Whitepaper.doc

...but the mod-rewrite solution would be quick and easy and would make my document look nicer.

Matthew MacKenzie
Senior Architect
Intelligent Documents Business Unit
Adobe Systems Canada Inc.