Subject: Re: [chairs] Keeping OASIS TC Announcements Current

Drummond:

That's because we've adapted and enhanced the Kavi functionality. Kavi,
"out of the box", is set up to restrict access for everything to TC
members, but OASIS' philosophy is for everything to be open and
publlicly visible. So we've created the TC's public page (e.g.
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=xdi) which
displays some information from the Kavi database that was originally
intended for the Private members-only web page at
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xdi/

You should look at the doc for the collaborative tools (Kavi) we provide
-- see the bottom of the TC Guidelines doc at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/guidelines.php#tools

-Karl

Drummond Reed wrote:
> Carol, Sharon:
>
> Having just gone through this process to update the XDI TC announcement
> section, I found the Kavi instructions on the Edit Notes page badly need
> updating. It explicitly says that any changes to the "Note" field will
> appear only to TC members, and the public will only see the text in the
> "Group Description" field.
>
> I searched all over for a different option before giving up and trying it as
> you described in your email. Sure enough, the "Notes" field is actually
> published as the "Announcements" text on the TC public page.
>
> So it all works fine, it's just the documentation that needs updating for us
> poor chairs who just try to follow instructions ;-)
>
> =Drummond

Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS
office  +1 978.667.5115 x206     mobile +1 978.761.1648
karl.best@oasis-open.org      http://www.oasis-open.org