Subject: JAXE (Very neat xml editor...)

Hello everyone,

I ran into this open source XML editor at http://jaxe.sourceforge.net. It is totally configured from a schema and a special XML file that defines the menus and popups for filling in attributes and such. It is written in Java, so it is platform independent, its pretty fast, and the source for the product is easy to work with (if you know french....).

I've cc'ed ebxml-msg and chairs. ebxml-msg: I'm considering ditching word/openoffice again :-)

Chairs: re: the document management discussions. It would be possible to embed this tool within a web browser, or deploy it on demand via JNLP (Java WebStart). It ships with the default DocBook XSL, but the OASIS template could easily be added. This could be used to do halfway intelligent editing on specifications, FAQ pages, issue lists, ...

I've attached a screen capture of me using the tool, you can see the HTML preview which is generated with the docbook XSL.

Picture 1.pdf

Matthew MacKenzie
Senior Architect
IDBU Server Solutions