Subject: Re: [chairs] SPAM

Kavi probably uses MySQL as a back end, and MySQL can have auto-increment columns.

ALTER TABLE ...

You would end up with a unique number then.

-Matt

On Apr 13, 2004, at 12:33 PM, Eve L. Maler wrote:

I had been assuming that the Slashdot email-obscuring mechanism was automatic, though I can understand your lack of interest in it if it's not automatic...

Does the OASIS identifier idea mean that ordinary OASIS members won't be able to look at the archive and figure out how to contact someone who wrote a particular mail message? That would be a real shame.

Eve

Karl F. Best wrote:

David:
I like the idea. It would require a bit of extra processing for each message to match the sender with the Kavi database. The big problem, though, is that we don't have membership numbers; the "key" or unique identifier in the database is the email address.
But this might have some merit anyway. We'll think about what might be possible.
-Karl

--
Eve Maler +1 781 442 3190
Sun Microsystems cell +1 781 354 9441