Subject: RE: [chairs] SPAM

Yes, I see that as well, spam spoofing my id as the origin.

I can't resist adding my two cents...
I think that obfuscating IDs on the OASIS site is too little too late. Our IDs have already been harvested,
I'm sure that changing them now won't remove them from the spammer's lists. I'm pretty sure that they
don't scrub their lists of invalid ids.

Its way too late for me (and probably many of you) now anyways, I am on too many mailing lists in too many organizations, not to speak of
presentations and articles that publish author emails IDs as well.

I think that the hassle of filtering and deleting is worth the opportunities I've had to interact with people not directly involved in
our work and if I had the choice of publishing an obfuscated ID or clear text ID, I would publish the clear text ID.

Heather Kreger
STSM, Web Services Lead Architect for SWG Emerging Technologies
Author of "Java and JMX: Building Manageable Systems"
kreger@us.ibm.com
919-543-3211 (t/l 441) cell:919-496-9572