Subject: Re: [chairs] Specification Namespaces? Standard XML Schema ValidationService

The TAB has considered, and recommended to the Board, a similar
suggestion in regards to the quality of the specifications that are
submitted to the OASIS membership for consideration as an OASIS Standard.

So it's being considered.

I agree with Norm that checking may be difficult...

-Karl

Norman Walsh wrote:
> / Rex Brooks <rexb@starbourne.com> was heard to say:
> | Can we establish a standard validation service for all OASIS
> | specification schemata, and require validation using this validation
> | service for a Committee Draft (or Committee Specification if we change
> | it back to that formulation to avoid confusion) and for Submission of
> | a Committee Draft to OASIS for approval of a candidate standard?
>
> I expect not. I can imagine TCs wanting to publish schemas in exactly
> one of the following: SGML DTDs, XML DTDs, RELAX NG, W3C XML Schema,
> Schematron, and perhaps a number of other things.
>
> Naturally, I thinkj TCs should make sure that the schemas the publish
> are valid against the schema that defines their schema language of
> choice. But adding a formal process to assure this seems awfully
> heavyweight to me.

Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS
office  +1 978.667.5115 x206     mobile +1 978.761.1648
karl.best@oasis-open.org      http://www.oasis-open.org