Subject: RE: [chairs] Symposium meeting services

Is there any chance of getting a erasable (white) board or paper flip chart? They would be more useful to us (XACML) than a projector.

Hal
-----Original Message-----
From: Scott McGrath [mailto:scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 10:28 AM
To: chairs@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: 'Jane Harnad'
Subject: [chairs] Symposium meeting services

Chairs,

Thanks for your feedback on your additional meeting needs.

At this Symposium, with the support of the Sponsors, Adobe, Booz Allen Hamilton, IBM, SAP and Sun Microsystems, we have been able to have no meeting fees and provide some meeting services beyond our original commitments.

Each chair who had made arrangements with Jane Harnad or replied to my earlier request will be receiving confirmation from Jane this morning regarding the extra services we will be able to provide.

In summary, we understand your need for a conference phone, and everyone who has requested one, will receive one—without paying specifically for it.  (Again, thanks to the Sponsors)  As it seems now, these phones will be certainly available for call-in, perhaps for local and toll-free call-out, likely not available for long distance call-out.  As this is a work in progress (and the ease of extracting information from conference hotels is not what you and I would like) we will confirm the details, and call in numbers to the chairs affected shortly.   Also projector screens will be available to those who’ve requested one.  The preponderance of committees have ready access to “personal” projectors already.  Internet access still seems unlikely, as the hotel and their ISP contractor are ill-equipped to work with us on this.

Please know we are able to provide these additional services for this Symposium, because of the Sponsors.  We will be evaluating a baseline of services required for future symposiums, the costs and fee structures to support them.  Of course, early sponsor commitments take the guesswork out of this for everyone!

Thanks for your patience and cooperation in this.

See you in New Orleans!

Scott…