Subject: RE: [chairs] [Fwd: New requirements on Individual Members]

Eduardo, thanks for the reminder.  I've added the IPR review group to this email string.

To add to Steve's point, when an individual is actively involved in a TC and decided to change jobs and the new company is not a member of Oasis; it'll be very difficult to convince/demonstrate to the new company that Oasis is a valuable organization to join.  Even if the company is interested to join, there might be budget constraints to do so immediately.  It'll be a lot easier for that individual to become individual member first and continue their work.   I don't think TC members should be "excluded" when they change jobs.

June Leung
Manager, PKI Department
FundSERV Inc.
1730 130 King St W
Toronto ON M5X 1E5
T. 416.350.2516
F. 416.362.6668

-----Original Message-----
From: Eduardo Gutentag [mailto:Eduardo.Gutentag@Sun.COM]
Sent: Friday, August 06, 2004 1:07 PM
To: 'OASIS Chairs'

Just a reminder: comments in this list will never be seen by the
Board unless sent (or cc'd) to ipr-member-review@lists.oasis-open.org
It would be a pity if that were to happen...

--
Eduardo Gutentag               |         e-mail: eduardo.gutentag@Sun.COM
Web Technologies and Standards |         Phone:  +1 510 550 4616 x31442