Subject: RE: [chairs] Naming guidelines for comment

Bill (and others),

Since the business transactions TC is just tidying up BTP 1.1, this was
exactly what I needed to sort out what the namespace identification
should be, so I've at long last looked at it.

All fairly clear and good, but I don't quite understand the URN rules,
which say the prefix is

urn:oasis:names:tc:{TC}:{artifact}:

which, were we to use URNs for namespaces (which we probably won't),
would give (for working draft, revision 2)

urn:oasis:names:tc:business_transaction:schema:business_transaction:btp:
1.1:core:schema:wd:02

I assume the ":" is the component separator applies to the parts,
over-riding the rule about hyphens in 4.

Why is {artifact} required ?  And, why force duplication of the TC name
?

For some reason, the Business Transactions TC has a "short name" of
"business-transaction" (at least, as in the URL for tc web-pages and
mail archive). I assume the recommendation about internal hyphens
becoming an underscore applies to all fields, and in all cases.

For comparison, I believe the URL would be:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/business_transaction/business_transaction-btp
-1.1-core-schema-wd-02.xsd

but in this case, it will presumably be possible to put at least the cd
and later schemas at that URL, so the duplication makes sense as the
first occurrence will be a directory name. (http://docs.oasis-open.org
is there, and returns a document containing a title and full stop)

(I notice the guideline document itself doesn't have version or artifact
in its identification)

Peter
(BTP editor)

Peter Furniss