Subject: Re: [chairs] Naming Guidelines

Howard --

Absolutely.

Within the high level archives (e.g. html/web sites, etc) there is no requirement to follow these guidelines. The requirement is that the name of the archive follow the guidelines.

The relevant wording is in section 5.2:

"In the event that optional file packages are included, e.g. HTML documentation or specification  parts, those files SHALL be contained in a single ZIP archive. The name of such a ZIP archive  SHALL conform to these guidelines, but files included in such an archive that are not standalone  OASIS documents MAY conform to these guidelines. Note the literal period between revision  and form."

bill cox

Mason, Howard (UK) wrote:

I assume the artefact naming guidance only applies to the top level files for hyperlinked documents - eg to the zip file for a specification containing some hundreds of linked objects.

If we had to comply for every file then it would be a truly massive effort to completely rewrite our repository and automated publication environment.

Howard Mason

Tel: +44 1252 383129
Mob: +44 780 171 3340