Subject: Re: [chairs] RE: [members] OASIS member review of proposed revision ofTC Process

On Oct 14, 2004, at 12:14 PM, Eduardo Gutentag wrote:
> To deposit spec drafts in a
> cvs repository outside of OASIS and only from time to time bring in
> milestones,
> depriving people outside of the TC (that is, people who may not know
> of the
> existence of the repository) the ability to trace the evolution of a
> spec,
> would also threaten the openness and accountability of the process.

I think OASIS needs to balance openness with usability.  My TC
(ebxml-msg) uses a subversion repository on my personal server for
collaboration on our docbook-based specification.  There is a link in
Kavi to a web interface to this repository.

If OASIS wants to prohibit me from doing this, it had better provide me
with a subversion, CVS or perforce repository to work with.  Kavi is
not a good development tool.  I'm more than happy to use OASIS tools if
they meet my needs.

-Matt