Subject: RE: [chairs] RE: [members] OASIS member review of proposed revision ofTC Process

Similarly, very happy if OASIS wishes to host a CVS repository, which would reduce risk of of our current dependence on Sourceforge for our opensource development environment.

BTW, the development environment is linked to the OASIS site, and mirrored daily.

Howard Mason
PLCS TC

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew MacKenzie [mailto:mattm@adobe.com]
Sent: 14 October 2004 17:44
To: Eduardo Gutentag
Cc: chairs@lists.oasis-open.org; Rex Brooks; Norman Walsh
Subject: Re: [chairs] RE: [members] OASIS member review of proposed
revision of TC Process

               *** WARNING ***

On Oct 14, 2004, at 12:14 PM, Eduardo Gutentag wrote:
> To deposit spec drafts in a
> cvs repository outside of OASIS and only from time to time bring in
> milestones,
> depriving people outside of the TC (that is, people who may not know
> of the
> existence of the repository) the ability to trace the evolution of a
> spec,
> would also threaten the openness and accountability of the process.

I think OASIS needs to balance openness with usability.  My TC
(ebxml-msg) uses a subversion repository on my personal server for
collaboration on our docbook-based specification.  There is a link in
Kavi to a web interface to this repository.

If OASIS wants to prohibit me from doing this, it had better provide me
with a subversion, CVS or perforce repository to work with.  Kavi is
not a good development tool.  I'm more than happy to use OASIS tools if
they meet my needs.

-Matt