Subject: Re: Chair involvement in signup of TC members

I can't seem to join the TC process comment list.

I think the reason is that under the new IPR policy the Chair has to do a lot ot tracking of exactly when various parties joined and left the TC, for example to determine if an organization has incurred a Participant Obligation.

Hal

Rich Thompson <richt2@us.ibm.com> wrote:
As the TC process is reworked, I think it is important to make sure the new processes have good reasons for every demand they place upon TC Chairs. One case where I do not see a good reason is in the area of TC Membership (lines 259-269). Unless there are identified reasons why a chair might refuse to allow a person to join the TC in this capacity, why is the TC Chair involved? I can understand that in the past the collaboration tools required the Chairs deal with this, but why should they going forward? I would suggest this section be rewritten to have the collaboration tools that handle the Observer signup handle the gathering of the Primary Representative's approval and automatically notify the TC (& hence the Chair).

Rich Thompson
OASIS WSRP TC Chair
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center / Yorktown Heights, NY