Subject: RE: [chairs] Adjustments to your rosters

Jon, all,

There are two issues being mixed here.

One being that you were getting notices on 8 March about your rosters being
brought in alignment--all vestiges of long lost members were being removed.
The last step in that process is a notice to chairs, so some of you got
notices for members who had expired sometime in the last 18 months.

Second issue is the urban legend of people not being notified of their
renewal date.  You can rest assured people are being notified of their
renewal, given the 80% renewal rate, it seems to be working, with fair
effectiveness.

However, if anyone has any specific instances of people who do not think
they were notified, forward them to me.  (We usually hear quickly when they
get the "sorry to see you go" message)  Occasionally, I hear from folks that
they don't recall seeing the messages.  As we keep copes of all such mail,
we can submit them to the persons concerned, to determine what about the
mail was cause for being caught in a filter somewhere.

Jon, I am disappointed by your unfounded conclusion that our motives are
anything but keeping members engaged.  Please feel free to continue that
dialogue with us, if you still feel that to be true.

Scott...