Subject: Re: [chairs] Adjustments to your rosters

[scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org:]

| Jon, I am disappointed by your unfounded conclusion that our
| motives are anything but keeping members engaged.  Please feel
| free to continue that dialogue with us, if you still feel that to
| be true.

My comment was intended as irony; sorry that didn't come through.

| However, if anyone has any specific instances of people who do not
| think they were notified, forward them to me.  (We usually hear
| quickly when they get the "sorry to see you go" message)
| Occasionally, I hear from folks that they don't recall seeing the
| messages.  As we keep copes of all such mail, we can submit them
| to the persons concerned, to determine what about the mail was
| cause for being caught in a filter somewhere.

I will forward the message that alerted me to this problem.

| Second issue is the urban legend of people not being notified of
| their renewal date.  You can rest assured people are being
| notified of their renewal, given the 80% renewal rate, it seems to
| be working, with fair effectiveness.

So far the renewal rate among the 21 members for which I have
received removal notices over the last two weeks has been zero.
This may simply mean that their only reason for obtaining OASIS
membership was to participate in the development of UBL 1.0, but
80 percent it ain't.  If you are making concerted and systematic
efforts to encourage people whose memberships are expiring to
renew, please forgive my earlier comments, but I have yet to see
the results.

Jon