Subject: Re: [chairs] Of un-patents and un-inventions

Gabe,

The earlier efforts had somewhat different focuses - and
also were disconnected - not related to a specific
community - and especially a community with
direct linkage to the PTO in the way OASIS members
are.

I also am seeing that the need is the learn from the
past efforts - and particularly to produce a
template with wording and scope that does
directly tie it to the patent process and make
it relevant.

Of course that is easy to say - difficult to do.
However - we are travelling down this path - and
I expect to be able to draft something shortly
that can be peer-reviewed for effectiveness.

Wording is one thing, another is build relevance
through community awareness.  If noone
chooses to do this - of course the USPTO can
simply ignore it.  Also if patent applications
occur that reference the resource site - then
the USPTO will have to look at it and know
about it.

Clearly we have to do more and different from
what has already gone before.  Creative use of
carrots and sticks is anticipated!

Thanks, DW