Subject: Re: [chairs] TC Process revisions released

What scares me is that I travel often enough that I may be forced to
cancel meetings so I don't loose my voting status.  Since a chair must
be a voting member, this has an impact on the ability of the TC to get
the work done.  The SOA RM TC has meetings every two weeks and a face to
face every 2 months plus we may have special meetings.  I haven't missed
a meeting yet but have historically had to travel with less than 24
hours notice.

There are two solutions on the table:

1. To address this, the chairs discretion could be used but someone
pointed out to me privately yesterday that this could also lead to
trouble of perceived favoritism.  If this is implemented, it would have
to be very deterministic rules governing it.  Example - you have to
inform the chair in email before the meeting and request an excused absence.

2. The idea of making only some meetings voting meetings also has
merit.  We have a large membership in our group hence a large quorum so
not all our meetings are voting meetings.

Here is a question from #2:
If a quorum is not present, the meeting is a non voting meeting.  Would
non attendance in a non voting meeting affect status?

3. A third idea is to revert to a more gentle threshold like having to
attend more than 2 out of every 4 meetings or even 3 out of 5.

Duane

--
Senior Standards Strategist - Adobe Systems, Inc. - http://www.adobe.com