Subject: Re: [chairs] Attendance rules (was) TC Process revisions released

James Bryce Clark wrote:

>     Not quite.  The intent of this rule has been, for some years now,
> to ensure that a TC that has accreted many members, over time, does
> not become incapable of quorum, as members drop off without explicitly
> resigning.  If you have 50 members, and persistently 25 show up and
> the other 25 lose interest, how do you get to a 26-member quorum?
> Answer:  you don't.  But if the 25 eventually are deemed to have
> resigned from voting membership, then quorum is re-set to a reachable 13.

The traditional reason for the warning, is to let the particpant show it
to his/her boss to let them know they have to attend the next meeting.
It is helpful as a clout for the participants.

Thus I suggest we continue with a warning after the voting member misses
one meeting, that if they do
not attend the following meeting, they will loose voting rights.

I guess a Chair can do this on his own, so maybe it does not need a
formal mandate.

Tom Rutt
WSRM TC Chair

>     Regards JBC
>
> ~   James Bryce Clark
> ~   Director, Standards Development, OASIS
> ~   jamie.clark@oasis-open.org

Tel: +1 732 801 5744          Fax: +1 732 774 5133