Subject: RE: [chairs] Is it? RE: [chairs] OASIS Organizational Voting is Somewhat Absurd?

David,

The member-discuss group has a unique attribute that offers the best of both
worlds.  ALL OASIS members with an active member account (who have not opted
out) can send email to the member-discuss list without the burden of joining
the group or receiving all the group mail.  Of course, any member can join
the group to receive the mail, or the list-adverse can scan the archives.
This gives the best of both worlds- an "all-members" list you desire for
this type of conversation, but without burdening members  to actually be on
the list.

For the reasons you point out, we encourage these types of discussion to
migrate to the member-discuss group and (if staff has somehow missed it) let
us know so we can publicize the discussion via OASIS News, etc.

Do you see how we could, in this way, capture the thoughts of ALL members
without confusing the purpose of the Chairs list?

Scott...