Subject: RE: [chairs] OASIS TC Involvement at the May Symposium

Jeff,
We agree completely with your "must-have" list and are working to provide the maximum support we can within our budget. Obviously,
the costs will be much different if we have 20 TCs meeting versus 40 TCs, and our available funds will be much different if we have
five sponsors or ten. That's why we're asking each TC to let us know asap if they can meet in SF and what they need. I'd love to
tell you that we will have the funds to rent projectors for every TC, so that we don't have to ask TC members (especially those
based in SF) to bring their own, but until I know how many TCs are meeting and how many event sponsors I have, I simply can't. What
I can tell you is that *all TCs will have what they need.*

As for facilitating scheduling, we realize the need for this and will do everything possible to coordinate. Our first goal is to get
each TC to tell us how much meeting time they need. Then, we'll work with the TC rosters and do the best we can to minimize overlap
and coordinate joint dialogues where necessary.

Chairs, when you reserve your meeting space, please do let us know if you are aware of overlaps and make suggestions for optimal
scheduling. We are open to your input.

Carol

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Mischkinsky [mailto:jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 4:29 PM
To: Jane Harnad
Cc: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org; 'Carol Geyer'; 'James Bryce Clark'; chairs@lists.oasis-open.org

On Nov 30, 2005, at 1:59 PM, Jane Harnad wrote:

> Dear OASIS Technical Committee Chairs:
>

> As an OASIS TC chair, your help is needed to:
>
> 1. discuss the advantages of holding a F2F at the Symposium during
> your next TC meeting

What logistical facilities are being provided for TC meetings? For many TCs (certainly the ones i am familiar with) require at a
minimum: a good speaker phone, high speed internet connectivity, and a projector in order to conduct a productive f2f meeting.

What is being done to facilitate scheduling so that TC's with large overlapping memberships do not conflict?
    cheers,
    jeff

--
Jeff Mischkinsky					jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com
Director, Web Services Standards		+1(650)506-1975