Subject: RE: [chairs] Re: OASIS IPR policy ... (transition timing)

 JBC wrote:
snip.......
"Some pre-2005 TCs have acted *early* to take on the new IPR Policy,
because they see virtue in its improved clarity and much stronger
mandatory license provisions.   So do I."
snip.......

I will contribute that the CGM Open WebCGM TC did NOT act early because
we saw "virtue in its improved clarity and much stronger mandatory
license provisions".  We acted early because it was a requirement levied
on us by OASIS before we could approve a 2nd CD of the WebCGM
Specifcation.  In general, our committee operates in the spriit of OS
mode, but adopted RF on Limited Terms because that was all that was
available to us.

Dave Cruikshank
Chair, WebCGM TC
Technical Fellow - Graphics/Digital Data Interchange
Boeing Commercial Airplane
206.544.3560, fax 206.662.3734  <-- NEW NUMBERS
david.w.cruikshank@boeing.com