Subject: RE: [chairs] Discontinuing Applicant and Prospective Member roles

> Thanks for the feedback, I'll forward your comments to the Board TC
> Process
> Committee, as they are reviewing these issues now, and are exploring
ways
> document members who do not intend to queue for Voting Member status.
> Additionally, please know that we intend to deliver a "Primary
dashboard"
> tool for Primaries to view and manage their staff participation.  This
> will
> help them remove some "deadwood" on the rosters.

I planned to propose this in my role as a TAB member, but I wanted to
raise it here to get comments from chairs.

> As for your concern about obligation- the participation obligation
counter
> increments daily based on the roster.  If Hal@BEA is a member of the
> cookie
> TC today when the counter runs, the increment for BEA goes up one.  If
Hal
> goes to IBM tomorrow, but remains in the cookie TC, the counter for
IBM
> will
> increment one tomorrow, with no retroactive affect.

The case I was thinking of was if BEA became obligated because of my
participation and then I went to work for IBM. Assuming there was no
longer anyone from BEA on the TC, there would be no indication of their
obligation given from looking at the roster.

Hal