Subject: OASIS Symposium | Hotel Deadline Approaching

Dear OASIS Technical Committee Chairs:

The Symposium is a little over a month away!  Enclosed are a couple updates
and reminders:

**TC MEETING SCHEDULE -
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium_2006/tc_meetings.php**

Many thanks to all the TCs that were able to scheduled a face-to-face
meeting in conjunction with the OASIS Symposium. The support received is
vital to our organization and we hope it will be a beneficial collaboration
full of networking and communication not only for each individual TC, but
between the TCs.

**TC LIGHTNING ROUNDS - forward TC representative to
jane.harnad@oasis-open.org **

To accommodate the growing number of OASIS TCs, this year we have scheduled
two TC Lightning Round sessions. This is a great opportunity to educate the
members on what your TC is accomplishing, find out the status of related
work, appeal for input, and identify areas for liaison and development. If
you have not done so already, please be sure to designate a representative
to deliver a short presentation. Presentations will be compiled and posted
on the OASIS website for future reference. Similar to last year, we are
asking for approximately 3-4 slides or 2-3 minutes worth of compact status
data and pointers per TC. If your TC is unable to be present at the event,
we ask that you please provide materials for an OASIS staff person in
advance. We expect that a TC representative or OASIS staff person will speak
on behalf of each OASIS TC during these Lightning Rounds.

**CHAIR WORKSHOP ON EFFECTIVELY CHAIRING AN OASIS COMMITTEE -
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium_2006/related_events.php#chairing*
*

All TC chairs, secretaries, and editors are encouraged to attend this
workshop on Wednesday, 10 May. Anyone with an interest in a leadership role
in a new or existing TC is also welcome. Sign up for the workshop using the
online registration form -
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium_2006/registration.php.

**OASIS ANNUAL GENERAL MEMBER MEETING (AGM) -
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium_2006/related_events.php#agm

This once-a-year event provides a members-only opportunity to review and
respond to a state-of-the-union address presented by the OASIS Board of
Directors. The AGM will be followed by an evening reception offering the
perfect place to network with OASIS members, directors, and staff.

**OASIS BOARD MEETING: OPEN TO MEMBERS -
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium_2006/related_events.php#boardmeet
ing**

As part of the OASIS Board and Management ongoing efforts to enable greater
communication, all members are invited to attend the May quarterly meeting
of the OASIS Board of Directors. This meeting will be held in conjunction
with the Symposium, from 1:30pm to 5:00pm on 11 May and from 9:00 am to
5:00pm on 12 May.

**AUTHORS AND PUBLISHERS-BOOK DONATIONS STILL ACCEPTED - contact
jane.harnad@oasis-open.org**

There is a growing body of books that feature technical and executive-level
information on OASIS Standards and specifications. The Symposium Book Table
will showcase these books at a display in the registration area. This is not
a book sale, but an opportunity to give attendees a first-hand look at the
range of available titles. A handout listing all books, including
information on purchasing options, will be provided. Books will be on
display during the Symposium and raffled off to attendees at the end of the
event.

**HOTEL RESERVATION DEADLINE IS 15 APRIL
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium_2006/hotel_info.php**

A block of rooms have been reserved at the Grand Hyatt for Symposium
attendees. OASIS has arranged a special rate of $199++ USD/single and
double. High-speed Internet access is available in the sleeping rooms for
$9.95++ per/24 hours. Attendees are able to make reservations by calling
1-888-421-1442 or 1-402-592-6464 and referring to the group "OASIS Symposium
2006".

Thank you in advance for your support.  Symposium registrations are
increasing daily, so please feel free to help us continue the momentum by
forwarding out notices to all TC members, prospects, and other related email
lists. Please feel free to also post Symposium banner and web link on your
company website: download banner -
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium_2006/index.php. If you have any
lists or prospects that you would like us to forward information to, please
send those ideas directly to me at jane.harnad@oasis-open.org.

Regards,
Jane

Jane Harnad
Manager of Events
OASIS
jane.harnad@oasis-open.org
+1978-667-5115 ext 214
Office Hours:  Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday