Subject: RE: [chairs] Biographic data schemas

Your choice really depends on the community of interest that you're
trying to communicate with.  If your interaction with is with the
integrated justice community then you're likely based would be NIEM or
GJXDM. If it is not then you should find the standard that is generally
accepted by your community of interest.  This may mean that there may
need to be change controls recommended to the standards to get to the
level of completeness which to require.  As Robin notes there are many
candidates to provide examples for such change controls.

Regards,

Don

Donald L. Bergeron
Systems Designer
LexisNexis
donald.bergeron@lexisnexis.com
O 937-865-1276
H 937-748-2775
M 937-672-7781

-----Original Message-----
From: Robin Cover [mailto:robin@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 4:04 PM
To: Tilton, Cathy
Cc: chairs@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Cathy,

There are a lot of standards (and non-standards) to survey
as possible sources of inspiration and re-use:

http://xml.coverpages.org/namesAndAddresses.html

# BS 7666 Spatial data-sets for geographic referencing
# CEN/TC133/WG3 Postal services, Addresses and Automatic Identification
of Items
# ECCMA International Address Element Code
# The Encoded Archival Context (EAC) Initiative
# GCA/IDEAlliance Address Data Interchange Specification (ADIS)
# HR-XML Consortium Cross-Process Objects Schemas
# Linking and Exploring Authority Files (LEAF)
# OASIS TC Name and Address Standard (xNAL)
# SAMPLE: Single Administrative Message for Postal Enterprises
# Text Encoding Initiative: Names
# UK GovTalk Address and Personal Details Fragment
# Universal Postal Union (UPU)
# UN/PROLST
# US FGDC Address Data Content Standard
# US Postal Service
# ASTM E2182: Names in Healthcare Records
# vCard: Electronic Business Card

Robin Cover