Subject: TC Process rules changes

The changes to the OASIS TC Process approved by our Board of
Directors at their August meeting are in effect, and have been
posted to the official OASIS location at
   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php
along with the supporting announcement made to members, which
describes the significant changes,  at
   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200608/msg00004.html

For your convenience, attached is an unofficial, blacklined copy
showing the changes from the 2005 to 2006 versions.

Our thanks again to TC chairs for multiple useful suggestions, some
of which we already have enacted, and others that are under
consideration this fall.  Particularly, of interest to TC chairs and
editors, please note our work on Section 2.18 of the TC Process,
which sets format and content requirements for TC specifications.
We have evolved these requirements over the past few years, in
response to internal and external feedback about quality control,
ease of use, and finding tool issues.  Most recently we have added:
   -- XHTML in place of HTML as a required format
   -- A rule about distinctly noting normative, versus non-normative,
references to other specifications etc.
   -- Updated file naming rules, as noted in Mary McRae's recent
notice to members:
   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200608/msg00003.html

Additional proposals for improvement of Section 2.18 are being
considered by our Technical Advisory Board, staff and directors.  We
continue to be grateful for your suggestions and feedback on
optimizing our rules and procedures.

Regards  Jamie

~ James Bryce Clark
~ Director of Standards Development, OASIS
~ jamie.clark@oasis-open.org
~ http://www.oasis-open.org/who/staff.php#clark

TC Process-2Aug2006-Cumulative.pdf